Hello Everyone! Here is another tasty salad to enjoy for lunch. It’s a cool treat as the summer gets a little hotter. I hope you like it!
Breakfast: Orange Sticky Buns
Lunch: Cherry Tomato salad
Snack: Whole Grain Toast with Apple Butter
Dinner: Mozzarella Chicken
Dessert: Dessert Pizzas
Cherry Tomato Salad
- 40 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup pitted and sliced green olives
- 1 (6 ounce) can black olives, drained and sliced
- 2 green onions, minced
- 3 ounces pine nuts
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a big bowl, combine cherry tomatoes, green olives, back olives, and spring onion.
- In a dry skillet, toast pine nuts over medium heat until golden brown, turning frequently.
- Stir into tomato mixture.
- In a small bowl, mix together olive oil, red wine vinegar, sugar, and oregano.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Pour over salad, and gently stir to coat.
- Chill for 1 hour.
Hi everyone and happy Monday. Today’s menu will be featuring Asparagus and Carrot Noodles which is an absolutely delicious recipe!
Breakfast: Fruit Smoothie
Lunch: Asparagus and Carrot Noodles
Snack: Mango Slices
Dinner: Chicken Stuffing Casserole
Dessert: Vanilla Cake
Yum! Yum! Enjoy!
- Bring water to boil for pasta.
- Prepare sesame dressing in a small bowl,
- Whisk together tahini, oil, vinegar, 2 tbsp water, honey, crushed red pepper and salt; set aside.
- Add spaghetti to boiling water and cook according to package.
- Add two inches of water to another saucepan and fit with a steamer basket.
- Bring water to boil
- Add asparagus to basket
- Steam until tender, about 2 minutes.
- In a large bowl,
- Add asparagus, carrots and scallions.
- Add spaghetti and sesame dressing;
- Toss to combine.
- Sprinkle mixture with sesame seeds.
- Serve warm or chilled.
I hope you enjoy it! Have a great day!
Happy Saturday everyone! Here is today’s menu
Breakfast: Fluffy Pancakes
Lunch: Chinese Chicken Salad
Snack: Sweet Potato Potstickers
Dinner: Vaca Frita
Dessert: Pumpkin Pie
Chinese Chicken Salad is my absolute fave salad! It has a lot of really unique tastes blending together to create a really lovely. I hope you enjoy it!
- 4 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce, divided
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil, divided
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1/2 head napa cabbage, thinly shredded (about 6 cups)
- 1/4 head red cabbage, shredded (about 2 cups)
- 1 large carrot, shredded (about 2 cups)
- 3 scallions, trimmed and thinly sliced, greens included (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 (8-ounce) can sliced water chestnuts
- 1 (11-ounce) can Mandarin oranges in water, drained
- 1/3 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili-garlic sauce or chili sauce
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine 1 tablespoon soy sauce and 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil and brush onto chicken breasts.
- Arrange in a baking dish and bake until juices run clear, about 13 to15 minutes.
- Remove from oven,
- cool completely
- cut into 1/4-inch slices.
- In a large bowl, combine Napa cabbage, red cabbage, carrot, scallions, water chestnuts, Mandarin orange and sliced chicken.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together 3 tablespoons soy sauce, vinegar, garlic, ginger, oil, 1 1/2 teaspoons sesame oil, brown sugar and chili sauce.
- Pour dressing over salad and toss to combine.
10. Divide among bowls and top each serving with 2 teaspoons toasted almonds
Happy Friday! As the Rain continues to fall in the Capital District, I hope this fun salad will help bring some pep into your day. It combines a number of delicious flavors that really pleases the palate. Plus it’s pretty healthy! I hope you enjoy it.
Breakfast: Mint and Cilantro Melon Salad
Lunch: Bartlett Pear Salad
Snack: Crispy Fried Tofu
Dinner: Cuban Paella
Dessert: Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie
1 (10-oz.) package washed and ready-to-eat fresh spinach
2 to 3 large, ripe California Bartlett pears, cored, quartered and sliced
1 avocado, peeled and diced
3 to 4 strips bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
1/2 cup pine nuts or other nut, toasted
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1/4 cup fresh mushrooms, optional
1/2 cup olive oil
2 tbsp. seasoned rice vinegar
1 to 2 tsp. Dijon mustard, to taste
1 clove garlic, crushed
1/4 tsp. salt
- Combine spinach, pears, avocado, bacon, pine nuts, cranberries and mushrooms in salad bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk all dressing ingredients and drizzle over salad.
- Toss before serving.
Short and sweet. Enjoy!
Happy Sabrosa Saturday! Head over to twitter and post your favorite Hispanic recipes using the hashtag #sabrosasaturday. Share and learn with an amazing community of people who love cooking just like you!
Breakfast: Cereal with Milk
Lunch: Grilled Cheese and Tomato Soup
Snack: Fruit and String Cheese
Dinner: Ropa Vieja
Tonight’s Dinner is Ropa Vieja. Meaning “old clothes” in Spanish, Ropa Vieja is a delicious meal of shredded beef. Belos is the menu:
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 pounds beef flank steak
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and sliced into strips
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Brown the flank steak on each side, about 4 minutes per side.
- Transfer beef to a slow cooker.
- Pour in the beef broth and tomato sauce, then add the onion, bell pepper, garlic, tomato paste, cumin, cilantro, olive oil and vinegar.
- Stir until well blended.
- Cover, and cook on High for 4 hours, or on Low for up to 10 hours.
- When ready to serve, shred meat and serve with tortillas or rice.
Have a wonderful Saturday and enjoy your delicious meals!
I love Arroz con Pollo. It was my comfort food at home! It’s easy to make and this variation is just amazing! I hope you enjoy it!
Breakfast: Honey Fruit Salad
Lunch: Simple Sesame Noodles
Snack: Grapefruit and sugar
Dinner: Arroz Con Pollo
Dessert: Mixed Berry Salad
Arroz Con Pollo
- 1-3/4 cups uncooked instant rice
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- Garlic salt and pepper to taste
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 cup picante sauce
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Spread the rice in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- Sprinkle both sides of chicken with garlic salt and pepper
- place over rice.
- In a large bowl, combine the broth, picante sauce, tomato sauce, onion and green pepper
- pour over the chicken.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 55 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170°.
- Sprinkle with cheeses.
- Bake, uncovered, 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
There! Delicious! I hope you and your family enjoy it!
Hi Everyone! Today we will be having Ginger Steak Salad. It really delicious! I absolutely love it and it’s a lot easier to make than you would think! I hope you enjoy it.
Breakfast: Make Ahead Muffins
Lunch: Ginger Steak Salad
Snack: Graham Crackers and Fruit
Dinner: Chicken Crunch
Dessert: Oreo Cheesecake Squares
Ginger Steak Salad
- 2 Tablespoons Soy Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Sherry
- 2 cloves Garlic, Minced
- 2 teaspoons Brown Sugar
- 1 whole Rib-eye, Strip, Or Sirloin Steak
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
FOR SALAD DRESSING:
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 Tablespoons Soy Sauce
- 2 Tablespoons White Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Lime Juice
- 2 cloves Garlic, Finely Diced
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Ginger, Minced
- ½ whole Jalapeno, Seeded And Diced
- 2 whole Green Onions
- 8 ounces Salad Greens
- Combine steak marinade ingredients in a Ziploc bag.
- Mix and place steak into bag.
- Marinate for 30 minutes to 2 hours.
- Combine salad dressing ingredients and slice green onion.
- When steak is finished marinating, add 2 tablespoons olive oil to a hot skillet.
- Cook steak about 1 1/2 minutes per side, or until medium rare.
- Remove from skillet and keep on a plate, allowing to cool slightly.
- Toss salad greens in 3/4 of the salad dressing.
- Place steak on cutting board and slice thinly, then pour juices from the plate over the top.
10. Mound tossed salad on a platter, then place sliced steak on top of salad.
11. Pour remaining salad dressing over the top.
12. Sprinkle green onions over the salad
Hello everyone! Frittata is a delicious treat! I really enjoy it and I hope you do too! It’s a great way to sneak veggies into a meal for kids.
Breakfast: Asparagus and Sundried Tomato Frittata
Lunch: Loaded Nachos
Snack: Fruit Leather
Dinner: Chicken in Organe Sauce
Asaparagus and Sundired Tomato Frittata
- 1/4 cup organic sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cups organic asparagus, blanched and chopped
- 2 Tbsp organic Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 Tbsp organic butter
- 1/4 cup organic, 1% milk
- 6 large organic, omega-3 eggs
- 1/2 medium organic onion, diced
- Preheat oven to 325 F. In large bowl combine beaten eggs with the milk and Parmesan.
- Heat the butter in a medium oven-safe sauté pan, and add the onion.
- Cook until the onion is translucent and golden.
- Pour in the egg mixture and turn the heat down to low.
- Stir the eggs to fully cover the bottom of the pan.
- When the eggs begin to cook and take shape, stir in the chopped sun-dried tomatoes and asparagus.
- Place the sauté pan into the oven and continue to cook for 2 more minutes until the frittata is cooked around the edges and the center has puffed up.
- Remove immediately form the oven.
- Invert the frittata onto a large platter and serve immediately.
Enjoy your meal!
Happy Wednesday! Halfway into the week, only a few days to the lovely weekend. Today we will be having Tilapia with Scallions and Black Bean Sauce- yum! I love Seafood I had it at least three times a week growing up so there will be quite a few fish recipes here.
Breakfast: Maple cinnamon apple sauce
Lunch: Meatloaf Burrito
Snack: Kid Friendly Sushi
Dinner: Tilapia with Scallions and Black Bean Sauce
Dessert: Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie
Tilapia with Scallions and Black Bean Sauce
- 3 Tbs. Chinese black bean garlic sauce or black bean chile sauce
- 1 Tbs. oyster sauce
- 2 tsp. lower-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tsp. Asian sesame oil
- 1 tsp. rice vinegar
- 1-1/2 lb. tilapia fillets, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 cup long-grain white rice, preferably jasmine
- 1 Tbs. peanut oil
- 2 small bunches scallions, trimmed and cut into 1-inch lengths
- 1 Tbs. Asian chile sauce, such as Sriracha
- In a large bowl, stir the black bean sauce, oyster sauce, soy sauce, sesame oil, and rice vinegar.
- Add the fish and stir gently to coat.
- Cover and let sit for 20 minutes.
- Cook the rice according to package directions and keep warm.Heat the oil in a well-seasoned wok or 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until the oil shimmers and a piece of scallion dropped in the pan sizzles vigorously.
- Add the fish all at once, distributing it evenly around the pan.
- Cook without stirring for 3 minutes.
- Add the scallions and stir gently.
- Cook, stirring occasionally and gently, until the thickest part of a piece of fish is opaque throughout (cut to check), 2 to 3 minutes more.
- Serve with the rice, drizzled with chile sauce.
And Voila! This recipe is just mouthwatering. From the first bite to the last you will experience bursts of flavor. I prefer my fish served with yellow rice but steamed vegetables are also a good choice.
Happy Monday! Today’s menu is simple and sweet. The ceviche is a cool and tasty treat with a great flavor and really interesting overtones. Sure to please the whole family! I love ceviche any time of the year, I hope you feel the same way! Here it goes:
Breakfast: Eggs Florentine
Lunch: Pork Salad
Snack: Fruit and Graham Crackers
Dinner: Creamy Fish Choriander
Dessert: Cheesecake with lime poached pears
- white fish fillets, cut into 2 cm cubed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- zest and 1/2 cup lemon juice (~3 lemons)
- zest and juice of 1 lime
- 2 tomatoes diced and seeded
- 400ml coconut milk (light works just as well, or you could go all out and use coconut cream)
- large handful of coriander, roughly chopped
- 1 small red chilli chopped
- 1 capsicum diced
- 1/2 cucumber, seeded and diced
- red onions
- 1 large red onion, very finely sliced (use a mandolin if you are lucky enough to have one)
- 2 Tablespoons white sugar
- 1 teaspoon sea salt (or 1/2 teaspoon normal salt)
- 3 Tablespoons rice wine vinegar (or lemon juice)
- In a large bowl, add the fish, 1 tsp salt, lemon juice and lime juice.
- Mix well and let it sit in the fridge for 1 – 2 hours, stirring occasionally.
- In a separate bowl, mix the red onion, sugar, salt and rice wine vinegar/lemon juice and let that sit for an hour as well.
- Add the coconut cream, tomatoes, chilli coriander, capsicum and cucumber to the marinated fish.
- Add the red onion and all the juices of the picked red onion.
- Mix well and serve cool over rice with a fresh leafy salad.
There you go! Enjoy!