Happy Father’s Day! I hope you have all taken the time to honor the important men in your life. Today we will be having Curried Coconut Shrimp, a yummy treat to enjoy by the pool or on the patio.
Breakfast: Pumpkin Bread
Lunch: Curried Coconut Shrimp
Snack: Yogurt and Graham Crackers
Dinner: Honey Baked Ham
Dessert: Fruit with Sorbet
Curried Coconut Shrimp
- 1 cup shredded, sweetened coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 egg whites
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Lime wedges, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a food processor, pulse the coconut until coarsely ground and transfer to a shallow bowl.
- Mix coconut with bread crumbs, curry powder, and salt, and set aside.
- Beat egg whites until slightly foamy.
- Dip shrimp in egg whites and coat with coconut mixture.
- Repeat to form a double coating.
- Place shrimp on rack placed within a sheet pan and bake for 10 minutes.
- Garnish with lime wedges and serve.
Enjoy with a pina colada or a nice cool lemonade. Have a wonderful Father’s day!