Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream
Breakfast: Zucchini Bread
Lunch: Baked Lemon Pasta
Snack: Twice Baked Sweet Potatoes
Dinner: Chicken Cordon Blue
Dessert: Vanilla Ice Cream
With the summer warming up fast, making your own ice cream is definitely a trick to know. You know exactly what is going in your ice-cream and you can customize it from the beginning:
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, combine the heavy cream and the half and half.
- Gradually whisk in the sugar until blended.
- Whisk in the vanilla.
- Refrigerate, covered, until very cold, at least 3 hours or as long as 3 days.
- Whisk the mixture to blend and pour into the canister of an ice cream maker.