Happy Saturday everyone! Here is today’s menu
Breakfast: Fluffy Pancakes
Lunch: Chinese Chicken Salad
Snack: Sweet Potato Potstickers
Dinner: Vaca Frita
Dessert: Pumpkin Pie
Chinese Chicken Salad is my absolute fave salad! It has a lot of really unique tastes blending together to create a really lovely. I hope you enjoy it!
- 4 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce, divided
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil, divided
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1/2 head napa cabbage, thinly shredded (about 6 cups)
- 1/4 head red cabbage, shredded (about 2 cups)
- 1 large carrot, shredded (about 2 cups)
- 3 scallions, trimmed and thinly sliced, greens included (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 (8-ounce) can sliced water chestnuts
- 1 (11-ounce) can Mandarin oranges in water, drained
- 1/3 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili-garlic sauce or chili sauce
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine 1 tablespoon soy sauce and 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil and brush onto chicken breasts.
- Arrange in a baking dish and bake until juices run clear, about 13 to15 minutes.
- Remove from oven,
- cool completely
- cut into 1/4-inch slices.
- In a large bowl, combine Napa cabbage, red cabbage, carrot, scallions, water chestnuts, Mandarin orange and sliced chicken.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together 3 tablespoons soy sauce, vinegar, garlic, ginger, oil, 1 1/2 teaspoons sesame oil, brown sugar and chili sauce.
- Pour dressing over salad and toss to combine.
10. Divide among bowls and top each serving with 2 teaspoons toasted almonds