Happy fourth of July! I hope you’re enjoying your day of Family fun! Here is today’s menu.
Breakfast: Fruit and Granola
Lunch: Seafood Salad
Dinner: Pulled Barbecue Chicken Sandwich
Dessert: White Cake with Berry Toppings
Seafood Salad is a perfect dish for a beach day. Just make sure to keep it in a well chilled cooler! Its a nice cool down treat and easy to handle with the kids running in and out of the house, pool or water at the beach.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 pound fresh shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 pound crabmeat
- 1 (8 ounce) package seashell pasta
- 2 strips celery, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup slivered, toasted almonds
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning TM
- In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium heat and saute shrimp until pink.
- Add crabmeat and cook one more minute or until heated through. Set aside.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil.
- Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente;
- Transfer the shrimp and crabmeat to a large mixing bowl and let cool to room temperature.
- Stir in pasta, celery, bell pepper and green onion.
- Add mozzarella cheese, slivered toasted almonds, mayonnaise and lemon juice.
- Season with parsley, and old bay seasoning.
- Toss to mix thoroughly.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours before serving.